Monday 9 November 2015

Marathon Madness and Puppy Dogs!

Way back in April I entered the ballot for the London marathon after an amazing run with my club Pegasus. I hadn't even run a half marathon yet, or even more that 10K for that matter, but decided to do it anyway.

Yes I probably am!

I was 99% sure I wouldn't get a place as it's virtually impossible these day and I was right, I didn't get in. A lot of people found out by receiving one of 2 magazines, either the bumble bee for accepted or Spiderman for rejection. I received neither. Nope, I''m not worthy of a magazine apparently! Booooooooooooooooo!


I decided to say sod it to the London marathon and hello to the Manchester marathon on 10th April 2016! As it turns out, quite a lot of my Pegs didn't get into London either and are doing Manchester instead so it's going to be a club weekend away.

ROAD TRIP!!

I have already drafted a marathon training plan that has me running 4 times a week plus cross training once a week, I'll do either yoga or spin or both depending on how busy my week is.

I've also decided to raise money for charity and have chosen Friends of the Dogs (www.friendsofthedogs.org.uk). They work closely with Cardiff Dogs Home, local rescues and other animal welfare charities to help stray and abandoned dogs in Wales find their forever homes. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm crazy about dogs and wish I could rescue many more but I can't so want to raise money for them instead.

Awwwwwwww!

So this is where you come in kind people who read my blog! I shall be setting up a charity giving page in the next couple of weeks and will start to promote my fundraising. I will be eternally grateful if you can spare some pennies to help me raise money for this amazing charity. Your reward will be hearing me moan about my marathon training, how much it hurts and how hungry I am from now until 10th April 2016!


I shall keep you updated on my marathon training progress and how my fundraising is going. Any donation, no matter how small, will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.


5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great charity to run for, something I will donate to when you get your page set up... Just signed up to your email, so I'll be keeping up to date with your progress :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks James, that would be great! I follow your blog too so we can keep an eye on each other :)

      Delete
  2. Pawsome!!!!! Good luck with your training plan! Fabulous good cause to support too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love dogs and I love running so raising money for a dogs rescue while doing a marathon seemed to make perfect sense!

      Delete
  3. My feedburner email subscription thingy doesn't seem to be working so here's my latest blog with the fundraising info on http://liferunningandselfesteem.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/run-262-miles-and-help-puppies.html

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.